Kalyna Care provides accommodation for low, high, dementia specific care and respite.
A valid assessment from an Aged Care Assessment Service is required for both respite and permanent admission to Kalyna Care.
Care and Companionship
Relatives and friends of residents are encouraged to visit and be as involved in caring for their loved one
as they wish to be. Relatives and significant others are involved in the care planning process and individual
care plans are reviewed with the resident and/or their representative on a regular basis.
Both residents and their visitors are able to relax and enjoy the homely surroundings and amenities
of our Home. The dining room is open to visitors and meals can be obtained for a nominal fee by
prior arrangement. Relatives and friends are also encouraged to take residents home or for outings and health permitting, residents may go on a holiday if they so wish.
Culture and Spiritual Life
We provide a homelike atmosphere based on Ukrainian and European traditions. Residents have
the opportunity to maintain all that is important to them including their language, onsite mass,
excursions to external community events, food and rekindling of friendships.
Leisure and Lifestyle Program
Our residents enjoy a diverse Leisure and Lifestyle program with a focus on maintaining health,
wellbeing and traditions.
Each room has the following:
- Ensuite with thermostatically controlled shower, a toilet, hand basin and cupboards
- Non-slip hand-rails in showers and next to toilets
- Nurse-call buttons in the shower, toilet and bedroom, in case of an emergency
- Quality carpets and window blinds
- Individually controlled central heating
- Built-in wardrobes and generous storage
- Bedside console
- Light fittings, including a reading lamp
- Wiring for private telephone connection *
- Antenna point for a private television set
- Bed, mattress, sheets, towels, pillow and pillowslips, bed cover, table and chair.
- All residents rooms have a garden view.
* If a resident wishes to have a private telephone in their room, they must make an application for a telephone connection and pay the relevant
installation fees, rental and telephone bills.
** Residents may bring their own bed, bedding, an easy chair, some other small items of furniture and their treasured ornaments and mementoes;
however; prior approval must be obtained from the Administrator
- The Home has a specially equipped room for use by visiting doctors
- Physiotherapists, podiatrists, hairdressers and other service people are able to use this room by prior appointment. It should be noted that these services would have to be paid for by the residents themselves
- A pay phone is situated near the foyer for residents
- A Kiosk is operational one day per week
- Non-slip handrails are provided in corridors and public toilets for people with mobility difficulties
- Whenever possible, outings are organised for residents and transport is provided by our own mini bus with a wheel chair hoist
- One courtyard is devoted to raised garden beds for residents' use in our lifestyle program.